Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back To Recording Daily

As you may have seen on my posts on twitter and facebook, I just spent 2 days going through my first colonoscopy :0 Now I'm SOOOO glad to be back in the project studio picking through the mixes.

Today I was stumped (and still am) by a really weird aif file that would not play back in Logic, but would play back in other apps like Quicktime. I don't really know what the mechanics were that I used to solve the problem, but I did fix it by cutting up the file in seven pieces and raising the gain on each piece individually (digitally) resulting in a mathematical change to each sample. Then I bounced the sections together. I can't forget to mention that I did all of this from my start up template and not within the actual sequence. My *guess* is that there was some errant data in the track that kept knocking the volume down to 0 without any visible cue on any fader within the sequence. Very strange.

I just finished locking the string parts on "What You Want" to the new drums. WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment